a new home away from the manor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moving In To the New Place

2 posters

Go down

Moving In To the New Place Empty Moving In To the New Place

Post by LauraAnne297 Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:16 pm

"Oh my god, Nicholas!  It's freezing as hell out there!"

I shook off the chill and went to get out of my damp coat, but the house was pretty cold as well.  "And where is the thermostat!" I hollered, hoping you could hear me.  I could barely see where I was going in the fading light and banged up against a box, which in turn sent me over another box.  Thankfully, yet another two boxes broke my fall.

I groaned, "Oh god!  I hate moving!"
LauraAnne297
LauraAnne297
Admin

Back to top Go down

Moving In To the New Place Empty Welcome

Post by Nicholas Holden Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:29 am

Pushing in one with his foot and carrying one that felt like the bottom would collapse and spill the contents onto the hallway, he hears a shout and the complaint about the cold. "well its by the landing on the left I think, but it will take a while to get warm, this place has been empty for years!" he wonders if he should have paid someone to move them in and also to ready the house but it had slipped his mind, the manor had servants who thought of that for them, here it was reality and more responsibility.

Placing with care the box on top of a table, he flicks the switches and gratified as the huge hallway and sweeping staircase is illuminated. "does that help?" he shouts as he looks about and notices two feet pointing up. He offers a hand.. "here let me help you up... I know its a bit damp and cold but these old places need a while to warm up and then it will be really cosy here and all to ourselves."

Nicholas Holden
Admin

https://awayfromthemanor.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Moving In To the New Place Empty Re: Moving In To the New Place

Post by LauraAnne297 Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:58 pm

"Ugh!" I grunt as Nicholas helps me to my feet. "Darkness, boxes, and complete clutziness do NOT mix! I'm a danger to myself in this place!"

I look around at the place. The furniture has been moved in and is - more or less - where it needs to be, but everything else is in boxes. The movers seem to have gotten most of it in the right places, but I spy a box that distinctly says "Kitchen Stuff" in the living room.

It's hopeless and I'm far too tired to deal with it right now. "I just hope the bed has been set up, although who knows where they put the linens. Want to get something delivered? We don't have any food yet and I'm too tired to go out. I could go for some Moo Goo Gai Pan right now!"
LauraAnne297
LauraAnne297
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Holden Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:38 pm

He has no idea what she is talking about for dinner but certainly the idea of cookery in such a shambles is not going to be possible. "well the line is up and you can dial from there.. " he says and then smiles "or use your mobile if you like.."

He moves the boxes so carelessly left in the shadows to a place of safety. "as for tonight, well I did see the camping equipment if you want me to put up the tent, alternatively, I had the boxes of bedclothes taken up when it was delivered and the bed is an only wrought iron one with new mattress.... I was looking forward to testing it out later."

He grins and winks, "after all we need to christen the house ..." but he can see she has her mind on food first over love and so he lets her order for them as he moves the boxes about, trying to understand the codes he had used whilst packing.

Nicholas Holden
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LauraAnne297 Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:02 pm

The lost look on his face is priceless. "Chinese? White sauce, chicken, water chestnuts..." I laugh and fish my phone out of my purse. "What about you? What would you like? Do you think that that place down at the corner will deliver? Or does 'take away' mean we have to pick it up?"

I don't wait for his response, because someone has picked up the line, "Yes, I'd like an order of Egg Rolls, a Moo Goo Gai Pan...well, what do you have for chicken with a white sauce? OK, Chicken with Pea Pods then... hang on." I cover the receiver, "Nick, what do you want for dinner?"
LauraAnne297
LauraAnne297
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Holden Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:07 pm

He looks as she takes charge of ordering and lists off ass if she knows the entire menu. "umm chop seuy? and some those fried dumplings things..." he says as his stomach rumbles. "they will deliver I am sure.. just mention its the big old house at the end... they might not believe we moved in here.."

He places two boxes next to each other to make a table and then finds the dining room chairs which helpfully have been left in the living room, he then looks for some eating implements...

"good I am starving, well done you for spotting that place.. I think I must have missed it as I was driving!"

He looks about the lit area, the huge chandelier casting light from a thousand points, "so apart from the cold, what you think?"

Nicholas Holden
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LauraAnne297 Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:19 pm

I nod my head. "Yes...and a chop suey and an order of fried won tons. We're at the big house at the end of the road. Yes, that one. How long will it be? OK, thanks!"

I hang up the phone an tell him. "About 30 minutes and they only take cash. Hope you're loaded!" I laugh.

"OK, so now what? We've got this big place. Shouldn't we organize it somehow? What were you thinking? I'd like some indoor and outdoor spaces...that is, unless you're just thinking we'll hang out in the same space all of the time."
LauraAnne297
LauraAnne297
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Holden Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:09 pm

He looks about, "well as appealing as the idea of living in one giant room is, I think we should agree on the areas in general and go about setting out the things and decorations one at a time. I mean you could choose a few rooms and me another few."

"I think we set out a few general places on this floor, then upstairs, downstairs and perhaps the cellar.. as well as outdoors and other places, perhaps something historic in a library too?"

he pats his back wallet, "well I should have enough to keep us going for a while..."

Nicholas Holden
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LauraAnne297 Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:16 pm

So, I see you created the bedroom first.... Laughing Laughing

How do you create forums? I'm not seeing any way to create them.

A library, a dungeon?, a garden outside, kitchen, definitely a library (maybe one for you and another for me)
LauraAnne297
LauraAnne297
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Holden Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:27 pm

right at the bottom is a button called administration panel, in there you can create categories (upstairs/downstairs) and inside those forums.

I made you an admin yesterday so you have the same rights as me to build these now.

Nicholas Holden
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LauraAnne297 Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:50 pm

Hmmm...I just added a bunch of stuff and reorganized things, but it didn't end up looking like it did in the Admin panel. Why don't you play with it for a bit and see what you come up with?
LauraAnne297
LauraAnne297
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Holden Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:27 am

Seems that the categories are not showing up and so the structure is not evident in the forum. Not a problem lets add some structure and see how this looks then!

We should keep chat to another section, PM isn't needed ass it is only us but we can then keep the RL separate from our RP and it hopefully will work well.

on that note how is your tooth? you enjoying the root canal or babysitting more? I have never had trouble with my teeth (I know I am not the typical British stereotype) so can only imagine the pain that you must have.

Wheres the new contract? you having to travel Sunday nights again?

Nicholas Holden
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LauraAnne297 Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:31 pm

Set up a separate chat thread in the Basket
LauraAnne297
LauraAnne297
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Holden Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:35 am

The moving of the boxes and deciphering the code that was only written on them two days ago seems to take an age. Every box needs to be moved twice it seems and finally the living room has a few chairs and boxes that serve at a table. The idea of food makes his stomach rumble and as if on cue there is a loud banging at the door.

Wiping his dusty hands on his jeans he heads off and returns after a quick chat with the cartons of food, the smell even more wonderful as it clears the musky dusty smell from the rooms.

"here you are and they brought chopsticks, I assume we can forgo plates as well!"
he opens the tops up ass he places them on the box and hands the chopsticks.." I am famished!"

Nicholas Holden
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LauraAnne297 Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:55 am

"Ugh! Me too!" I grab an egg roll and crunch down on it with fervor. "My god! Why on earth did we decide that moving was a good idea. I'm in massive need of a massage right about now!"

I look around and sigh. "I'm totally beat! I say we unpack what we really need and then call it a night! And we can pick this back up in the morning. Where are the sheets and can we PLEASE focus on the bedroom?"
LauraAnne297
LauraAnne297
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Holden Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:32 pm

Well never let it be said that I fail to satisfy a woman's bedroom needs!" he says with a wicked grin and a slurp of noodles. "I have fresh bedding in the box I just took up and we can make the bed and duvet and get in straight after this.." He stabs at a wonton and eats with real passion.

The food seems to almost vanish immediately as they both eat.

"this place will be a real home, I know it is hard to believe in the dark and while it warms up, but all our stuff and getting things organized, you will be at home here, a proper one, that we call ours."

For a moment h wonders if they did the right thing, moving away from the manor and its problems... would she be happy here? as a young lady she might need her own company and age group, was he selfishly stealing her away?

Placing the cartons down and trying everything..."you know I am full, shall we save the rest for breakfast?" he wonders what she make of cold Chinese for breakfast.

Nicholas Holden
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LauraAnne297 Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:29 am

In nod my head. I feel soooo tired!

Suddenly, there's a weird feeling coming over me. I feel dizzy and a bit funny and I look at my hands. They appear to be growing SMALLER! OMG! What is happening!

"Nick....Uncle Nicky? What's....what's happening?"

I appear to be shrinking! It makes no sense at all! And my voice seems to be growing shriller and whiny, like a young child's. Oh my god, this must be a hallucination triggered by my exhaustion. I feel like I have getting younger. My clothes have grown baggier and my body smaller.

"Uncle Nicky! Carry me!" I feel exhausted and the only thought in my tired little mind is how much I want my Uncle Nicky to carry me to bed.
LauraAnne297
LauraAnne297
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Holden Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:05 pm

He watches as something happens at first he thinks she is moving away from him in a sort of tunnel but as he words about shrinking filter into his head, he realizes it is just that, the clothing is too big for her... the jumper is hanging off her shoulders and past her knees as she stands there looking up at him, nit just by a few inches but a few feet!

"what on earth?" he wonders if this is a dream and if it is , he will not argue with the logic as she cries for her bed.. seeing her a lil mite in need of a cuddle and comfort of course he will oblige! He scoops her up in his arms, her jeans left on the floor but jumper covering her like a long dress... ankle socks hanging loose from little feet

Nicholas Holden
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum